Stephen has over 25 years’ experience in providing tax advice to the public and private sectors.
He works collaboratively with his clients to provide strategic tax solutions that deliver real value for their organisations.
Stephen has acted for a diverse range of clients including individuals, large private groups, government entities and public groups across the funds management, property, manufacturing and higher education sectors. He is a sought after presenter and is a regular speaker at property and higher education seminars on relevant tax issues impacting these sectors.
Stephen's experience includes:
- Providing strategic advice for tax due diligence on Australian and international property acquisitions
- Advising on European real estate acquisitions valued at over A$2Billion
- Delivering tax compliance for foreign pension funds that have invested in $750m+ real estate in Australia
- Providing tax structuring advice for foreign multinationals investing in Australia, including in relation to income tax, withholding taxes, MIT regime, indirect taxes and employment taxes. The advice covers optimal profit repatriation and exit strategies
- Advising in relation to tax structuring for clients looking to invest in the US, UK, Germany, Spain, Italy, Greece, Singapore, Hong Kong and India
- Assisting clients in relation to complex tax consolidation, CGT, and tax loss recoupment issues, including issues arising on the sale or restructure of businesses and ensuring that appropriate roll-overs are utilised
- Successfully obtaining refunds of withholding tax for clients which have been incorrectly deducted by foreign tax authorities
- Undertaking GST reviews to maximise reduced input tax credit claims
- Performing the role of Tax Technical Advisor for Thomson Reuters' One Source FBT software
Back to People