John is a health and aged care industry specialist. With over 20 years' experience in the sector, he advises health organisations, residential aged care facilities and retirement villages across Australia.
John's niche expertise means that he has a deep understanding of the trends and regulatory changes affecting the health and aged care industry. He leverages this knowledge on every engagement, assisting his clients to make strategic and commercial decisions with confidence.
John's experience includes:
- Structuring business operations and property ownership
- Undertaking financial modelling of development and ongoing viability of new and expanded aged care facilities
- Conducting bench-marking, profit improvement and cost management engagements
- Providing financial modelling and commentary for DSS Aged Care Approvals Round applications for residential aged care places and capital grants
- Preparing general purpose financial reports for approved providers to satisfy their reporting obligations for ongoing government funding
- Conducting prudential requirements reviews, including preparation of liquidity management plan to satisfy requirements in relation to resident bonds liability
- Assisting clients with applications to the Aged Care Pricing Commissioner for accommodation pricing that is higher than the maximum amount determined by the Minister
- Preparation of Conditional Adjustment Payment Annual Notice for approved providers
- Undertaking due diligence services for mergers, acquisition and sales
- Advising on tax compliance and advisory services
Back to People